XAT 2018: Online form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
XAT 2018: XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test conducted every year by XLRI, Jamshedpur. It is considered one of the oldest Entrance exam for admission into Management institutes. The scores obtained in XAT is been considered for almost 150 B-Schools all over India. The website of the institute is http://www.xatonline.net.in. XAT exam is usually conducted during the month of January however the application process will start from second week of August 2018 for examination of XAT 2018. Let us understand in detail through this article the process of application form, exam date, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus.
XAT 2018: Dates to Remember
|Organizing Board||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Name of the Exam||XAT 2018|
|Application start date||2nd week of August 2017|
|Application End date||November last 2017|
|Download Admit Card||By 3rd week of December 2017|
|Exam Date||1st week of January 2018|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1600/-|
Note:- The above dates are purely on the basis of trend of examination dates followed by the institute, candidates are requested to check the official notification for any changes or update.
How to apply for XAT 2018??
Applying for XAT 2018 is a stepwise procedure which the candidate needs to follow. These are as follows:
- Visit to the website http://www.xatonline.net.in and check for notification for XAT 2018 registration.
- Click on register and create a new XAT ID by entering your personal email ID. All the communication will be sent to this ID so, the candidate should be very careful in entering to the correct ID.
- Once you create a unique XAT ID and Password, you will be directed to page “Complete Profile”. Fill in all the details properly and do verify before going to the next step.
- Once you fill the profile you will be required to “Make Payment”. There are three ways through which the candidate can payment for XAT 2018 exam:
- Online Payment
- Cash Payment
- Demand Draft
candidates who are paying through the cash and demand draft should update the payment details during registration, its mandatory.
5. Once you make the payment, take the print of XAT confirmation page for any further future communication with the institute.
6. Candidates who has paid through Demand Draft should send the confirmation page print along with the Demand Draft to The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001.
7. Candidates paying through other mode shall not send any confirmation page to the Institute.
XAT 2018: Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Eligibility: The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years duration in any stream from a recognized university. The Final year student whose results are expected by June of that applying year are also allowed to apply and appear for the exam.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus: It is a Pen paper based examination divided into two paper: Paper 1 consists of all objective types questions for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Paper 2 is a mix of objective types and subjective type questions and is taken for 30 minutes mostly on essay writing and comprehension/ Passages. These are the sections of the examination:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge
If you have any query regarding XAT 2018, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post to your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also Like:-
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.