UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2017 Declared: Check @upsc.gov.in
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2017: UPSC is also known as s Union Public Service Commission is India’s one of the highly reputed departments which are responsible for conducting some of the highly reputed government jobs in the dignified departments of government. The Union Public Service commission has released a notification for the examination of UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2017 for the year 2017. The Exam was conducted for the prestigious posts in the Indian Government Administration which includes Indian Administrative Services( IAS), Indian Forest Services( IFS), Indian Revenue Services( IRS) and Indian Police Services ( IPS).
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination was conducted on 18th June on the various specified center in India. The Preliminary Results is the first phase of examination which the candidate needs to qualify to be able to appear for the UPSC Mains exam. The notification was released yesterday at the official website of the UPSC @upsc.gov.in.
Procedure to check “UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2017”
- Log in to the official website @upsc.gov.in.
- Go to “What’s New” Section of the website.
- Click on the link displaying ” Result-Civil Services (Prelims) Examination 2017″.
- Download the detailed press release from the department.
- Check your Roll Number in the notification and keep the document safe for further processes.
UPSC Civil Services( Mains) Exam: Important dates
|DAF application availability||17th -31st August 2017|
|Mains Exam Date||28th October 2017|
|Mains Exam e-Admit Card||1st week of October 2017|
UPSC Civil Services (IFS) Indian Forest Service( Mains) Exam: Important dates
|DAF application availability||7th-20th September 2017|
|Mains Exam Date||3rd December 2017|
|Mains Exam e-Admit Card||Mid- November 2017|
Note:- In the case of any discrepancies in the results candidates can directly contact the department at the available Ph. Numbers these are Tel. No. 011-23385271, 011-23098543 or 011-23381125 between 10 AM – 5 PM on the working days.
Recap of UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus
The Mains Exam in UPSC Exam has a vast syllabus. The marks obtained in the Mains Exam and interview decides the candidates rank for the UPSC EXAM. It consists of Nine Papers however 7 papers will be considered for qualifying. Other two papers are not counted for the final ranking. Let’s have a detailed information.The Mains Exam carries a total of 1750 marks and Interview is of 275 altogether it is 2025 marks.
Papers to be included in final ranking:-
- Paper 1 – Essay, it consists of 250 marks.
- Paper 2 to Paper 5- General Studies which includes all the details of the above syllabus however these papers are subjective and has be written instead of MCQ. Each paper consisting of 250 marks.
- Paper6 to Paper 7- Optional Paper 1 and Paper 2, each paper carrying marks of 250.
Papers not be counted in the final ranking:
- Paper A: Indian Language, the candidate needs to select one of Indian language out of the option available, it carries a total of 300 marks.
- Paper B: English Language, it also carries a total of 300 marks.
The candidates who have qualified for the Prelims has a very good chance to up-skill themselves for further success in Mains Exam to have a secure and reputed career in Government of India.
If you have any query regarding UPSC Civil Services Prelims Result 2017, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post to your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also like:-
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.