UPESEAT 2019 means University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test 2019). It is a university level examination conducted by UPES, Dehradun. The university schedules this examination to provide admissions in B.Tech courses in different fields. The application procedure for UPESEAT 2019 will starts in the month of December 2018 and the examination will be scheduled in the month of May 2019. The eligible candidates will get admission based on their performance in UPESEAT 2019, JEE Main and Higher secondary examinations.
Important dates of UPESEAT 2019
The university releases the important dates for the important events to be performed by the candidates. Every year thousands of candidates apply for UPESEAT 2019. The important dates released by the university helps the candidates to apply on time before the last dates of application. The tentative important dates are mentioned below.
|Important events||Tentative dates|
|Availability of online application forms||December 2018|
|End of online application process||May 2019|
|Admit cards will be issued||May 2019|
|Examination date of UPESEAT 2019||May 2019|
|Declaration of result||June 2019|
|Commencement of counseling for Board merit candidates||June 2019|
|Commencement of counseling for JEE Main candidates||June 2019|
|Process of counseling will starts from||June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for UPESEAT 2019
The university decides the eligibility criteria for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for UPESEAT 2019 decided by the university have been listed below. The candidates who are interested in UPESEAT 2019 make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
- The candidates must have born on or after 1st October 1997.
- For Exam Pathway (Up to 80% seat distribution) for UPESEAT, the candidates must have passed secondary & higher secondary from a recognized Board with PCM subjects with minimum 60% aggregate scoring 60% in qualifying examination.
- For Non-Examination Pathway (Up to 20% seats distribution) for Board merit, the candidates must have passed secondary & higher secondary from a recognized Board with PCM subjects with minimum 60% aggregate scoring 80% in qualifying examination.
- For Non-Examination Pathway (Up to 20%) for JEE Main merit, the candidates must have passed secondary & higher secondary from a recognized Board with PCM subjects with minimum 60% in qualifying examination.
Application Form Process
The application process for UPESEAT 2019 will commence from December 2018 till May 2019. The candidates make sure that they apply for the examination on or before the last date of application. You need to apply as per the instructions given in the notification. The application process is mentioned below-
- The application forms can be submitted either through online or offline mode.
- For online mode, the candidates have to visit the official website of the university to download the application form.
- Whereas for offline mode, the application form along with prospectus can be obtained from the admission counters at Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Cochin, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Coimbatore & Hyderabad by sending a Demand Draft.
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “UPESE FEE Account” payable at New Delhi.
- You need to upload a scanned photograph in prescribed format.
- All the candidates are advised to read the duly filled application form once again to avoid discrepancies.
- The application process will not be completed without payment of application fee.
- You need to pay the application fee of Rs. 1750/- for online mode and Rs. 1850/- for offline mode of application.
- For online mode, the application fee can be paid either through debit/credit card or net banking. Whereas, for offline mode, the application fee have to be paid through Demand Draft.
Examination Pattern of UPESEAT 2019
If you are through with the examination pattern of UPESEAT 2019, it will be quite helpful for you to make study plans accordingly. The examination pattern gives you a brief detail about the examination date, time, venue, duration, No. of questions, No. of total marks etc. To know more about the examination pattern, read the points listed below-
- The question paper will be divided into 5 sections- Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ English Language Comprehension & Current Affairs.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will have total 200 questions of MCQ type.
- The candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer & there will be no penalty for wrong answers.
A brief explanation of the distribution of questions is as follows-
|Sections||No. of questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
The university will publish the admit card probably in the month of May 2019. The admit cards will only be available online. The university will not issue the admit cards by any other mode except online mode. The candidates can download their admit cards from the official website of the university. Once you download the admit card, you will have to affix your photograph in the space provided on the admit card. Without admit card the candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination.
The examination result of UPESEAT 2019 will be declared in the month of June 2019. The university will publish the result in its official website in pdf format. You need to enter your application number & roll number/mobile number to check the examination result. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit list. These shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling. The examination authority will make the merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance in the UPESEAT 2019.
Syllabus of UPESEAT 2019
There is no definite specified syllabus for UPESEAT 2019. However, you can follow 11th & 12th standard books of any Board to prepare for UPESEAT 2019.You can focus on these subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Comprehension & Current Affairs. You can also refer JEE Main syllabus to prepare for PCM sections. You can also practice from previous year question papers.
The cut off marks to be scored to qualify the examination will be decided by the university. The examination authority decides the cut off mark based on different facts such as number of candidates, number of seats available, difficulty level of the examination etc. The candidates will be called for counseling on the basis of cut off marks scored by the candidates.
Counseling Process of UPESEAT 2019
The examination authority will schedule a separate counseling through online mode for UPESEAT 2019 qualifier, Board merit & JEE Main holders. The counseling process will be conducted in 3 rounds. The counseling will be commenced from June 2019. The seat allotments will be done to the eligible candidates of UPESEAT 2019 merit holders (80% seats), JEE Main 2019 rank holders (10%), Board Merit Holders (10%). The examination authority will provide a call letter to the selected candidates via online mode.