Notification for UGC-NET November 2017
UGC NET November 2017: NET is popularly known as National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted every year by UGC and it is considered as the entrance test for those who want to pursue their career into Lectureship and Assistant Professor. CBSE has recently invited applications from the eligible candidates for the UGC NET November 2017 examination. The examination is to be scheduled on 5th November 2017 for the Assistant Professor and Junior research fellowship. The website with the latest notification is at http://cbsenet.nic.in. Candidates who are eligible and would not like to miss the chance of taking this exam will get all the information regarding Exam through this article.
UGC NET November 2017: Important Dates
|Examination Name||UGC NET November 2017|
|Eligibility for||Assistant Professor; Junior Research Fellowship|
|Application submission started from||11/08/2017|
|Last date to Apply||11/09/2017|
|Last date for Fee Payment||12/09/2017|
|Last date for changes in the application||19th to 25th September 2017|
|Application Fee||General: 1000/; OBC: 500/-; SC/ST/PWD: 250/-|
UGC NET November 2017: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their Master’s Degree from a UGC recognized University in the subjects which are mentioned in the notification under page no. 19 to 20. For Reserved categories, the minimum pass percentage for the Master’s Degree is 50% to be eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year examination of Master’s degree or waiting for the results can also apply however, their selection will be considered provisional until they provide the required documents of education.
- Ph.D. degree holders are also eligible to apply for the UGC NET November 2017 Exam.
Junior Research Fellowship: The maximum age for JRF positions is 28 years as on 1.11.2017. The relaxation towards the reserved category is as per the norms of the organizing committee.
Assistant Professor: There is no specific age criteria for assistant professor positions.
UGC NET November 2017: Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The UGC NET November 2017 Examination is to be conducted on 5th November 2017 for Assistant Professor and JRF positions. The test will be conducted for three papers on the same day on different timings for almost 5 hours. The test will be pen/pencil based where the candidate needs to mark their answers on the OMR sheet. Following is the details of the exam:
|Paper||Subjects||No. Of questions||Marks||Time|
|Paper I||Reasoning ability, General awareness, comprehension, divergent thinking||50||100||1hr 15 Mins|
|Paper II||Subject oriented questions as per the selection by the candidate||50||100||1hr 15 Mins|
|Paper III||Subject oriented questions as per the selection by the candidate||75||150||2 hr 30 Mins|
UGC NET November 2017: Things to Remember
- The candidate needs to check and apply for the UGC NET November 2017 examination through the official website @ http://cbsenet.nic.in.
- The Examination is for career into Assistant Professor & Junior Research Fellowship.
- Candidate must check after payment made through the different modes mentioned as per the notification for an “OK” message failing which can lead to the cancellation of the application.
- The examination is pen/pencil based and will all objective types questions.
- Candidate needs to attend all the three papers.
- Candidate must obtain a minimum pass percentage allocated according to the norms of the board to be in the merit list.
- The “Admit Card” will not be sent to the personal addresses, candidates are required to view it on the official website by 3rd week of October 2017.
- Candidates must be careful in submitting the details in the application, Photo and Signature have to be scanned and kept ready for attachments.
- candidate must reach the examination center before 2 and half hours the commencement of the examination.
It is a good opportunity for the applicants who wish to continue their career as a reputed professor’s and lecturers in the reputed universities/ Colleges.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.