NEET 2018 – Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Dates
NEET 2018: CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts the ‘National Eligibility cum Entrance Test’ (NEET 2018) for admission into the MBBS and BDS programmes offered by the medical institutes. The NEET is national level examination which is conducted every year. Candidates will be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 after passing the 12th examination. NEET has replaced AIPMT after the Supreme Court ruling in 2016. Now, NEET is the only exam which is conducted for admission into all medical institutes of India to pursue a Bachelor programme like MBBS and BDS.
The post has been updated with all the necessary details of the NEET 2018 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Important Dates.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
The dates for the NEET 2018 has been provided in the following table. It is important that the dates assigned to all the events related to the NEET 2018 will be tentative and it will be the sole discretion of the CBSE to set any change in the schedule of the exam.
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Date Assigned|
|1.||Release date of Official Notification||December 2018|
|2.||Date for application form submission||December 2018|
|3.||Last date for application form submission||December 2018|
|4.||Last date to submit application form (with late fee)||January 2018|
|5.||Admit card release date||April 2018|
|6.||Commencement of the Exam||May 2018|
|7.||Date for the announcement of Result||June 2018|
|8.||Admission Counselling||July/August 2018|
NEET 2018 Application Form
The details of the NEET 2018 application form has been providing in the following points which candidates need to keep in mind while submitting the same:
- The application form will be available only on the official website of CBSE and the forms will be accessible from the month of December 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the online mode only however the forms will be submitted through the offline mode.
- After filling all the details in the application form, candidates need to take the printout of the application form.
- Candidates are required to send the application form to the given address:
“The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092”
Details of the NEET Application Fee
- The application fee for NEET 2018 will be Rs. 1400.
- Candidates of the reserved category need to pay Rs. 750 as the NEET application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through the credit card/debit card/ net banking.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the bank challan as well.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to make sure that they fulfil the NEET eligibility criteria as provided in the following points:
- He must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (PCB).
- Moreover, he must have secured at least 50% marks (40% for the reserved category) at the higher secondary level (12th).
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old (31 December 2018).
- The upper age limit for NEET 2018 is 25 years.
- Candidates of the SC/ST category are eligible to enjoy 5 years age relaxation in the upper age.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2018 exam pattern will be as per the details provided in the following points:
- The examination will be comprised of an objective question paper.
- The test will be conducted through the offline mode viz., pen and per based exam.
- The medium of the exam will be exam English, Hindi, or Vernacular.
- The number of question in the exam will be 180.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Every question will be of 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark as well for the incorrect answer of a question.
The table given below gives an overview of marks distribution for the NEET 2018:
|S.No.||Subject Name||Number of Questions||Marks assigned|
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.