MAT 2017: Preparation Tips, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Dates and Fees
MAT 2017: MAT is popularly known as Management Aptitude Test in India among the aspirants of MBA. MAT 2017 is the national level test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). It is conducted four times a year in the month of February, May, September and December.
The MAT September 2017 exam details has already been updated and the submission of application process has also been started. MAT 2017 test is based on both computer and paper/pencil test. For the upcoming MAT September 2017 entrance exam also there will be two dates allotted, one each for computer based and another for paper/pencil based examination.
As there is less time for the MBA aspirants to prepare for MAT September 2017 examination, this article gives information on important dates, eligibility, syllabus, fees and most importantly preparation tips to be successful in the entrance exam.
MAT 2017: Important Dates
|Name of Examination||MAT 2017|
|Application Submission Process||Started|
|Application Submission end date||25th August|
|MAT 2017: Paper based exam||3rd September|
|MAT 2017: Computer based online exam||9th September|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1652 (Inclusive of GST)|
|Mode of Payment||Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, e-challan and also through demand draft.|
MAT 2017: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for MAT 2017 scheduled for September has the following important key points to be noted:
- Candidate should hold a graduate degree from a recognized university. Candidates with any professional degrees as CA/CS/ICWA are also invited to apply.
- Final year students of graduation are also allowed to apply provided their admission will be considered provisional until provided the required documents.
- There is “no age limit” authorized by AIMA for MAT 2017. Candidates having the required educational qualification can apply at any point of time.
MAT 2017: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- MAT 2017 exam will consist of all objective type questions with multiple choices.
- There are five sections on which the candidates will be tested.
- Each section carries 40 marks hence, the total marks allotted is 200 marks.
- Duration of exam is for 150 minutes, candidates have the liberty to attempt any of the section according to their choice.
- Score for MAT 2017 is calculated on the basis of only 4 section, the last section is not considered for the merit list.
Following are the sections covered under the syllabus of MAT September 2017:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment.
MAT 2017 Preparation Tips: Key Points
Be Focused: Aspirants who wish to make their professional career bright should concentrate only on a set of few management entrance exams at a time, instead of juggling around attempting many. Keeping ourselves focused will help us to understand the length and breath of Management exams.
Practice: As you all know “Practice makes Perfect” is a well known saying. It is very much needed in case of Management exams. Reading practice to improve your quick reading skills which can be helpful in comprehensions. Reading practice on computer is also needed to be able to get habituated. Practicing model questions and keeping a time bound target to complete the exam is very important.
Exam Analysis: It’s always important to analyse atleast last five years question papers to gaze the changes in the pattern. By this analysis you will know what is the trend of these kind of exam whether the paper would be tough or general. You can prepare yourself accordingly depending upon that.
Work on your Memory: Improving your memory for this type of competitive exams is very necessary. By working on to improve your memory you can not only do some mental calculations but also can save some extra time which can be very useful.
Apart from these key points, if a person has dedication, concentration and does hard work he/she is definitely going to succeed and will come out in flying colors in the examination.
If you have any query regarding MAT 2017, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post to your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also Like:-
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.