L.L.B: LLB is known as Bachelor of Laws, it’s a degree offered by the Indian Universities who wish to continue their career in Law. It is usually a three-year degree course however the person specializes in Law subjects. Law degrees are in high demand nowadays, there is a lot of scope in various sectors such as corporate, real estate and in law firms. Many youngsters who want to pursue their career in Politics also take up Law degree so as to keep themselves updated about the bi-process of the Indian Constitution. Let us understand the various details such as Eligibility, course details, the various entrance test and colleges and different career options available for LLB degree.
L.L.B: Course Details
LLB is a three-year degree course for most of the colleges, candidates can also do the course after clearing 10+2 examination, however, the course will be for 5 years in total. The exams are conducted semester wise. The candidates who wish to continue their career in Law should prefer doing a five-year course after doing their 10+2. There will be a total of 6 semesters which needed to be completed. Apart from the general study/syllabus the candidates are also exposed to the following things:
- Practical Training Programs
L.L.B: Eligibility Details
There are a specific eligibility Criteria for getting an admission to do a course on LLB. These are as follows:
- Candidates must have a Graduation Degree in any stream from a UGC recognized University.
- There is a minimum percentage requirement for the degree course year, it varies from college to college.
- There is no age bar for doing this course.
- Admissions are generally based on merit or entrance test in some of the colleges.
L.L.B: Entrance Test
Admission to the Law Colleges in India is taken in two forms. One is the direct admission on the basis of merit list/ marks on the graduation degree and another is through the entrance test. Following are some of the entrance test conducted in India at national levels for the admission to some of the top law colleges in India:
- CLAT: CLAT is Common Law Entrance Test is one of the common entrance test taken by most of the eligible candidates for admissions to LLB courses. Most of the top universities consider the scores obtained in the CLAT exam for admissions to their colleges. The exam pattern of CLAT is no different than any other competitive exams however here your legal aptitude is also tested along with General knowledge logical reasoning, and general English.
- AILET: AILET is All India Law Entrance Test, it is conducted by National Universities of Law Delhi.
- LSAT: LSAT is Law School Admission Test. It is a globally accepted Law test and the scores are also considered for most of the Law colleges.
- LAWCET: LAWCET is Law Common entrance test which is conducted by Universities of Andhra Pradesh for the admission to courses of LLB.
L.L.B: Law Colleges
There are various Law colleges in India. Let us list down some of the well known and reputed Law Colleges/Universities in India which caters to the admission to the course of LLB. These are as follows:
- National Law School of India University – Bangalore
- Sinhgad Law College, Pune
- Faculty of Law University of Delhi, New Delhi
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Faculty of Law, BHU Varanasi
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Amity Law School, Noida etc.
L.L.B: Career Options
There are various options available for candidates who pursue LLB degree. We all have a mind set that the degree of Law is only used for proceedings in Court’s however now that mindset is changed. There are various other options available for candidates now to choose now and those who are willing to take it a professional career should have a look at it:
- Civil Lawyer
- Criminal Lawyer
- Legal Journalism
- Legal Advisor for Corporates
- Legal Analyst
- Document Drafting Lawyer
- Government Lawyer
A Law degree/ Career is a good choice as it gives an ample number of openings for a person who is interested to continue their career in this profession.
If you have any query regarding L.L.B 2017-2018, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post to your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also like:-