IPU CET 2019 – Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University will release the notification for IPU CET 2019 (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test 2019) very soon. It is a university level entrance examination that offers admission to numerous UG & PG courses in the fields of engineering, dental, medical, law etc. The university will schedule separate entrance examination for different courses to provide admission in affiliated colleges of GGSIPU.
The interested applicants who wish to groom their career in these fields as mentioned above can apply for IPU CET 2019. It is a great opportunity for the applicants to get success in their desired course. You can get all the important details related to the examination from this article listed below.
Important Dates for IPU CET 2019
The university will release the applications for all the courses most probably in the month of January 2019. There will be separate examination dates for different courses conducted by the university. You can check the other important dates for the important events of IPU CET 2019.
|Important Events||Closing date of applications||Examination date||Declaration of results|
|MBA (IT)||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|MA (English)||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|B.Sc Nursing||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|B.Tech||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|B.Com (Hons.)||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|LLB||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|MBA||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|BBA||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|BCA||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|B,Ed||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|B.Voc||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|BHMS||April 2019||May 2019||June 2019|
|B.Ed (Special Education)||April 2019||May 2019||June 2019|
|BAMS||April 2019||May 2019||May 2019|
|PGAC (PG Ayurvedic programs)||April 2019||May 2019||June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for IPU CET 2019
IPU CET 2019 will be conducted for numerous programs, hence the eligibility criteria will also be different for different courses. It is very important that you read the eligibility criteria specified by the university to apply for a particular course. The basic eligibility criteria for IPU CET 2019 is as follows-
- For B.Tech, the applicants must have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized Board scoring minimum 55% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For BCA, the applicants must have cleared 12th standard or equivalent examination scoring minimum 50% aggregate in qualifying examination.
- For BBA, the applicants must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination scoring minimum 50% aggregate in qualifying examination.
- For MBA, the applicants must have Bachelor degree or must have cleared the final examination from any of these institutes- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, Institute of Cost & Work Accountants of India or England, Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- For MCA, the applicants must have passed English & Mathematics as subjects in 12thstandard or equivalent from a recognized university scoring minimum 50% marks.
- For LLB, the applicants must have passed 12th standard or equivalent from recognized Board scoring minimum 50% marks.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 21 years to apply for UG courses (except MBBS/BDS).
- The minimum age required to apply for PG courses is 35 years as specified by the university.
- The maximum age limit to apply for Bachelor of Vocation is 45 years as mentioned by the university.
The university will issue the application form probably in the month of January 2019. The applicants interested must apply on or before the last date of application submission. It is advised to all the applicants appearing for IPU CET 2019 that they must read the instruction before starting the application process. The important details about the application procedure are given below.
- The application process will be completed through online mode.
- The application forms can be obtained from the official website of the university.
- An applicant can apply for one or more than one program by submitting separate application form for each program.
- All the applicants have to register themselves online before filling the application form. You need to enter few basic details in order to register such as applicant’s name, contact details, gender, email address, DOB, course you wish to apply for etc.
- Once you register yourself, fill the application form with required details.
- It is advised that you read the duly filled application form before submitting it.
- The applicants are not required to send the hard copies of their application form or any other document.
- A very important part of application process is payment of application fee. You have to pay Rs. 1000/- as application fee.
- The application fee can be paid either through debit/credit card or net banking
IPU CET 2019 Examination Pattern
The examination will be conducted separately for all the programs offered by the university. The examination pattern will be different for different courses. You are advised to go through the examination pattern for the particular course you are applying for. However the basic examination pattern for IPU CET 2019 has been mentioned below-
- The examination will be held thorough online mode.
- The question paper will have total 150 questions (200 questions for B.Tech) of MCQ type.
- The question paper will be available in English only.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes (3 hours for B.Tech)
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty for each wrong answer.
The question paper of IPU CET 2019 contains questions from these subjects- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The examination syllabus covers these topics for which you can follow your 12th standard books. You can prepare from your 12th standard syllabus. The university will release the detailed examination syllabus very soon.
The admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of the university. To download the admit card, you have enter your login & password. Your admit card will have the details about the examination. You can take the print out and keep it carefully for future references. You have to bring the admit card to the examination centre to get allowed to write the examination.
The university will release the examination result in its official website www.ipu.org.in. Logon to this website and check out for examination result link. Once you get the link, click on it. On clicking you will be directed to result page where you need to enter your course name, Roll No. and login password. The result will be available in pdf file and the file will have only the name of appeared applicants. You can take the print out of your result for future reference.
The counseling process will start after result declaration. The qualified applicants will be called for counseling. You have to present on the day of counseling along with your original documents. The documents will be verified by the examination authority at the time of counseling. The final selection will be done based on your performance in the qualifying examination. The finally selected applicants need to carry out the further formalities of the application process.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.