Hotel Management Course: Hotel Industry in one of the flourishing Industry in the present-day. The need of personnel having experience in Hotel Industry has seen a drastic increase over the years. It includes food and beverage service, General management, housekeeping, sales and marketing, front office operation, accounting etc. With the change in the cultural environment, more and more people are nowadays preferring to arrange their business meetings, weddings, holiday trips, corporate events, training etc in various Hotels. Due to this rising need, the courses of Hotel Management are developed and has been increasing in demand slowly in the field of Education. Through this article, we have tried to give you a detailed information of Hotel Management Course which includes, the colleges, fees, duration of the course, the various career prospects.
Hotel Management Course: Eligibility for Admission
Like any other courses, Hotel Management courses also have the facility of Undergraduate and Post graduation programs.
- The Candidate must have completed their 10+2 or higher secondary from a recognized school/Institution.
- There is no particular requirement for any subject which has to be mandate during their 12th standard. The candidate should have completed their 12th Standard in any stream will be able to apply for the Hotel Management Course.
Hotel Management Course Details
There are three various courses which a candidate can prefer after their intermediate certification. These are:
Bachelor’s Degree or Undergraduates: As any other Bachelor’s degree courses, Hotel Management Bachelor’s degree is also for three years offered by various colleges and institutions. At the end of the course, the person will get a certificate of the degree with a percentage of marks obtained in the examinations.
Post-Graduation Degree: This is a higher degree after Bachelor’s degree. It is a Master’s in Hotel Management offered by various colleges.
Diploma in Hotel Management: Many institutions or Hotels have the facility to give a certification course(Diploma) in Hotel Management. Candidates prefer this immediately after their intermediate is complete so as to get hands-on various aspects of Hotel Industry. These Diploma courses are also developed for working professionals who prefer adding a certification to their existing experience.
Hotel Management Course: List of Colleges
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Official Website: http://www.ihmchandigarh.org/
- Fees: Rs. 1 Lakh approximately for 1st year.
- All the three types of courses are offered in this Institute.
2. Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
This is considered one of the top Hotel Management institutes of our country. Generally known as IHM, Kolkata.
- Official Website: http://www.ihmkolkata.org/
- Fees: Fees: Rs. 1 Lakh approximately for 1st year
- The Institute provides full-time and short time courses and it’s an autonomous body.
3. Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Official Website: http://www.ihmbangalore.kar.nic.in/
- Fees: Rs. 2.5 Lakh approximately totally for three years.
- Apart from UG/PG and Diploma courses, this institute also provides a course on Craftsmanship.
4. Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal
It is one of the top Institute for Hotel Management and one of the first to offer Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management.
- Official website: https://manipal.edu/wgsha.html
- Apart from offering all types of courses in Hotel Management, it has tie-ups with some Foreign universities.
5. Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
- Official website: http://www.ihmctan.edu/
- It is one of the oldest Institute into the field of Hotel Management.
These are some of the top Institutes, there are many other organizations and the list is huge. Candidates can go through them as per their requirements.
Hotel Management Course: Career Prospects
Hotel Management Courses offers a variety of Career Prospects, such as :
- Catering Manager
- Fast Food and Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Restaurant Manager
Apart from this the person having a Hotel Management Degree can also get into following roles such as:
- House Keeping Manager
- Customer Service
- Front Office Management
- Sales & Marketing
- HR Manager role
Hospitality Sector shows good offers to those who have the willingness to learn and show interest. It has the similar amount of value which all other degree courses offer.