GATE 2018: GATE is generally known as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The test is developed to test the knowledge of undergraduate degree holders in the field of Engineering and Science. The main purpose the candidate take on to GATE is to either get admission to postgraduate Degree in Engineering & Technology or else to apply for the entry level engineering jobs Government and Private companies. GATE is conducted only once in a year during February. There are different IIT’s on rotational basis caters the examination, this time GATE 2018 will be organized by IIT Guwahati.
Country’s all the 7 IITs jointly with IISC conduct the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) turn by turn. This year, the examination is being conducted by IIT Guwahati to offer admission to all the eligible candidates in the Masters Programme in technology (M.Tech.) / Engineering (M.E). On the basis of the entrance examination, all the applicants will be able to take admission in all the IITs, NITs, GFTI and many other private institutions. In the given write-up, eligible applicants can get all the necessary information about the GATE application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates.
GATE 2018: Important Dates
|S.No.||Name of the event of the Exam||Date Assigned|
|1.||Starting Date of Application Form||1st September 2017|
|2.||Last Date of Application Form||5th October 2017|
|3.||Last Date for Request for Change in City||17th November 2017|
|4.||Correction in Application Form||November 2017|
|5.||Release Date Admit Card||5th January 2018|
|6.||GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|7.||Date of Result Announcement||17th March 2018|
|8.||Availability of Score Card||May 2018|
|9.||Application Fee||General & Others: Rs.1500/-; Reserved Category: Rs. 750/-|
Note:- The dates given in the above chart have been updated according to the GATE 2018 official notification.
GATE 2018: Registration Process
- Visit the official website for GATE 2018 @ http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/.
- All the applications should be submitted through GOAPS system only.
- GOAPS link will be activated on September 1, 2017. Candidate needs to create a GOAPS User ID and Password for further processing.
- The Photograph and Signature of the Candidate should be a scanned copy which should be attached along with the application form. Candidate should attach a scanned copy which should be attached along with the application form.
- After the process of application filing, the candidate must take a print of registration confirmation for further references.
GATE 2018: Eligibility Criteria
GATE is only for Science students and the criteria for qualification varies as per the educational qualifications. The standard rule is to have a relevant degree from a recognized University, however, the final year students of Bachelor’s degree or Post graduation degree are also allowed to appear for the exam. The educational qualifications for different fields are as follows:
B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years).
B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (4 years after 10+2)
M. Sc./ M.A./ MCA
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics / Statistics/ Computer Applications.
Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)
- Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering &Technology (Four-year Course).
Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S.
- Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B. S./ M. S. program.
Age Limit: There are no age restrictions to apply for GATE, candidate having relevant qualifications according to the passing year will be allowed to apply.
Gate Eligibility Criteria for 2018
Candidates must ensure that they have the needed eligibility criteria before they apply for the aptitude test. In the following chart, candidates can get the details about the eligibility for different programmes offered by the universities.
|S.No||Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates|
|1.||B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4-years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs||Presently in the final year or already completed|
|2.||B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course)||Presently in the final year or already completed|
|3.||B.Sc (Research)/B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|4.||M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the stream Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|5.||Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (Four-year program)||Presently in the 2nd/3rd/ 4th year or already completed|
|6.||Int. M.E/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five-year program)||Presently in the 4th/5thyear or already completed|
|7.||Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S-M.S||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.- M.S. program||Presently in the 4th year or already completed|
|8.||Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
GATE 2018: Exam Pattern
- The mode of examination for GATE 2018 is Computer based Test(CBT).
- The questions will be all objective type questions with multiple/four choices.
- GATE conducts exams for a total of 23 papers, however, the candidates are allowed to appear for one of the 23 papers.
- There will be 65 questions for 100 marks, the duration of the examination will be for 3 hours in total.
- General Aptitude Test is a paper which will be common for all the 23 papers.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answers depending upon the marks allotted to each question.
Note:- Syllabus for each category of exams is different hence, candidates are requested to view the details on the official website @ http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
GATE 2018: Answer Key and Cut Off Marks
Answer Keys are generally released after the examination on the official website. This is basically used to gaze the performance of the candidate and they will get an idea of where do they stand in the examination. Cut Off Marks are also been updated by the Authorities on the official website. This is the pass percentage or marks which will be for each subject which qualifies for the exam.
GATE 2018: Result & Score Card
As updated in the notification the Results for GATE 2018 will be declared on 17th March 2018 on the official web portal. Candidates can view and download to take a print of it from the available link which will be updated during that time.
Score Card for GATE 2018, is the kind of certificate provided by the organization for the candidates who qualify for the examination. The Score Card is valid for three years and it displays the candidate’s performance in each section. Score Card is generally available after 15-20 days of the results declaration.
The GATE Result will be out within a month after the commencement of the exam. Candidates can get the result of the exam on the official portal of the website. The result of the exam will be available on 17th March 2018.
GATE 2018: Application Form
The very first part of the admission process is the application form. Eligible candidates can apply for the test thru the application form and all the additional details about the application form are in the following points:
- The GATE Application Form 2018 will be available on the assigned official website of IIT.
- There will be only the online thru which candidates will be able to apply for the aptitude test.
- Applicants shall have to provide all the mandatory details in the application form such as their name, address, and relevant educational qualification.
- They will have to submit the scanned photo and signature in the application form.
- There will be an application fee which all the applicants shall have to pay while submitting the application form.
- Applicants can pay the application fee thru the debit card, credit card and net banking or e-challan.
- Moreover, candidates can make corrections in the application form till the last of November from the beginning of November 2018.
Exam Pattern for GATE 2018
It is the exam pattern which all the serious aspirants study first. The exam pattern gives all the details about the exam and the type of questions. In the following points, applicants can the details about the pattern of the examination:
- There will be one question paper for GATE which will bear 100 marks.
- The total number of questions in the exam will be 65 of both categories viz. objective and numerical type.
- The time duration for the question paper will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be computer based (CBT).
- Candidates will now get a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences in the question paper.
GATE 2018: Admit Card
It is the admit card which allows applicants to appear in the examination. After submission of the application form, applicants will get the admit card from the university. The admit card will be available on the official portal from 5th January 2018.
GATE 2018: Counselling
After the announcement of the result, applicants will be invited to appear for counselling. After the commencement of counselling, candidates will get an offer to take admission in the desired institute to pursue preferred programme.
- CCMT(Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan) will conduct the counselling process for all the eligible and qualified candidates.
- Candidates will have to show all the certificates at the time of counselling before the admission board.
If you have any query regarding GATE 2018, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post with your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also Like:-
- MBA Courses, Eligibility, Fees, Entrance Exam, Admission, Colleges
- CAT 2017 – Eligibility, Important Dates, Application Form, Exam Pattern