What are the available career options after completing ITI certificate courses?
After completing ITI trade, you are eligible to apply for various jobs related to mechanical trade or electrical trade in Indian Defense services , Railways, Air force and Private or Public sector organizations depending upon whether you have passed ITI (Mechanical Trade) or ITI (Electrical Trade) . You are also eligible to set up fabrication workshop in case of Mechanical Trade or Electrical winding shop for Motors and Transformers in case of Electrical Trade, on your own if you wish.
Candidates after completing ITI have both academic and job oriented prospects to continue with. Aspirants who have passed ITI can go for specialized short term courses in Advanced Training Institute (ATI) or for courses that are exclusively for the candidates who want a job at foreign location, aspirants can also apply for higher studies like Diploma in Engineering. As there is abundance of job opportunities in the private and public sectors for both engineering (Surveyor, Turner, Hardware fitter, Mechanics, etc.) and non-engineering trades (Craftsman, Fashion technology, Horticulture, Insurance Agent, etc.). Central/State Government organisations like Indian Army, Navy, and Air force provide opportunities for ITI passed candidates of different trades.
Also candidates have ample opportunities in private sector as well. Also ITI qualified people can set their own business like can open winding shops, can start motor garage or repairing workshops, can operate generators etc. Skilled workers also have bright opportunities in foreign countries.
What is AITT ?
AITT means All India Technical Trade course conducted by NCVT (National Council of Vocational training). NCVT conducts variety of courses in Engineering Trade and Non Engineering Trade with different time durations ( one year to three years) through Government training centers in most of the states which come under Ministry of Labour and Training.
AITT denotes All India Trade Test and this course is conducted under NCVT. The duration of the course varies from 1.5 to 3.0 years. After completion of the trades obtained by ITI, one can join in the Diploma- courses run by State Council Board provided a candidate secures marks prescribed for admission in the stream. Fitters, Riggers are eligible for persuing the Mechanical – stream and an electrician can take up the course of Electrical Engineering subject to fulfilling the minimum marks for the admission in the Electrical Stream.
If you qualify AITT course in Engineering Trade, you will be awarded National Trade Certificate(NTC) and then it will be considered as equivalent to Diploma in Engineering i.e Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
To join ITI course in any trade , you must have passed 10th standard. Generally no competitive examination is conducted for the admission. But admission and allotment of Trades in Government run ITIs is done based on the marks obtained in X std.
What is the eligibility criteria for admission in ITI courses?
The eligibility criteria for admission to ITI trade is a pass-,certificate of class 10 of any recognized Board. There are different trades such as Fitter, Rigger, Welder, Foundry-trade, Electrician, Droughts-man and so on. They are the back-bone of any Industry. Passing out successfully of any one of the trades would make the candidates eligible for absorption in any manufacturing unit.
What is the duration of courses offered by ITI?
The duration of courses offered by ITI varies from one year to three year depending upon the trade one opts. To obtain NCVT (National Council of Vocational Training) certificate, the aspirant has to undergo practical training in his trade in a industry for one year or two.
General Discussions on ITI
Ans-1: You have so many opportunities after doing ITI from electronics, after this course you should do apprentice from good company this apprentice is from 6 month to 1 year if you have certificate of this apprentice then you go for outside for the jobs then you will get job very soon .the most companies like bharat, tata, paper mill etc. companies require lot of workers and there is good salary for them. So don’t loose your hope.
- You can build your career in the electrical engineering, which is a very fruitful career option.
- Now you can opt for lateral entry in diploma.
- Here your course duration will be of 2 years(you will start from diploma 2nd year)
- For this you have to qualify the DETs (diploma entrance test) from the respective university.
- After diploma you can take lateral entry into B.tech in electrical engineering.
- Here your course duration will be of 3 years (you will start it from 2nd year again)
- After completion of the above career path you can join many private and public sector jobs.
- Public sector jobs like SAIL, BHEL, NALCO, NTPC, ISRO, HAL, IOC etc.
- Private sector core jobs in companies like JSPL, BSPL, TATA POWER, L&T, INDIA BULL etc.
- Private sector software companies like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, CTS etc.
Ans-3: ITI is a technical qualification.
after completing ITI you have many options like that :-
1. You can get lateral entry in Diploma in your respective trade.
2. You may go for trade apprenticeship & then you can apply for the tutor & lecturer jobs in ITI’s
3. You can apply for the jobs suitable for your trade.
4. you can apply for the various technician jobs in PWD, Railways, engg. cos., Maruti, BHEL, NTPC.
Q.4. ITI completed in Electrical, What to do for higher studies ?
Ans: After completing ITI course or 10th, you may opt for 3 years Diploma in Engineering program. Once you complete Diploma, you can apply for 2nd year of engineering Degree (B.E/B.Tech) directly by appearing in lateral entry entrance examination.
So, you don’t need to be worried about your career if you have a clear vision to go for engineering.
If you have any query regarding ITI certificate courses & Career Options after ITI, Feel free to ask via comment. Share this post to your friends. Join us on Facebook to get latest updates.
You May Also like:-
- IGNOU Distance MBA 2018: Eligibility, Syllabus, Fees, IGNOU OPENMAT
- Hotel Management Course: Colleges, Fees, Duration, Career Prospects