CDS Exam (2) 2017: Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Dates, Selection Process
CDS Exam (2) 2017: UPSC Union Public Service Commission, the board responsible for conducting Combined Defence Services (CDS) exams in India generally conducts CDS exams twice a year. It was recently notified on its official website upsc.gov.in. for the next Phase 2 of CDS Examinations CDS 2 2017. CDS Exam is conducted for the posts of Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Navy Academy and Air Force Academy.
As per the notification, CDS Exam 2017 Application forms will be made available on August 9 on the official website. The Date of examination is mentioned as November 19 2017. Candidate can regularly check the website and complete the application filling process before the last date of submission.
CDS Exam (2) 2017: Important dates
|Application form availability:||9th August|
|Last date of Submission:||1st week of September|
|Date of Exam:||19th November|
|Admit card availability:||3rd week of October|
CDS Exam (2) 2017: Criteria for Eligibility
Indian Air Force Academy: A graduate Degree or a degree equivalent to it from a recognized University is a must. Candidate should have studied Mathematics and Physics during their 10+2 levels or should be Bachelor in engineering.
India Naval Academy: A degree in Engineering or degree equivalent to it.
Indian Military Academy: Degree from a recognized university.
*The Final year students are also allowed to apply for the CDS 2017 exams provided their terms will be considered provisional until they clear their degree. There should not be any backlog also while applying for this exam.
Nationality: The Candidate should be an Indian National. Bhutanese, Nepalese and Tibetese have specific criteria as per the norms of UPSC which they need to adhere to while applying.
Physical Conditions: Physical Standards matters a lot in CDS exams. The candidate should be physically fit according to the prescribed norms mentioned in the notification.
Age Limit: Age limit for Indian Military Academy: 18-23 Years. For Air Force Academy: 20–24 Years. For Naval Academy:18-23 Years.
CDS Exam 2 2017: Selection Process
The Selection Process for Combined Defense Services are categorized into four sections, namely:
- Written Test
- Personal Interview/ Personality Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Test after shortlisting of the candidate.
The candidate who qualify for the written test, undergo the other three sections for further selection process.
CDS Exam 2 2017: Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The written exam pattern for CDS Exam 2 2017 consist of all objective type questions only. The total marks for each paper is of 200 marks and for a duration of 2 hours. Questions will be both in Hindi as well as English.
These are the following topics which the candidates need to prepare for them to qualify for the written test-
- General Knowledge– It comprises of the current affairs, general science, knowledge about defense services etc.
- English – It gazes the general understanding of the person about the language through the paragraphs, Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks.
- Mathematics-The basic understanding of the Maths is required here, also they need to prepare them for Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry Statistics.
- Intelligence and Personality test– Apart from Interview, there will be also this test related to nonverbal and verbal There will be also group discussions sessions to gaze the spontaneity and the person’s interpersonal skills
Candidates can also go through the previous papers available in the websites to prepare them for the exams, online mock tests, competitive books are also helpful in cracking this exam.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.