AIIMS PG 2019 – Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Dates
AIIMS PG 2019 is an entrance examination conducted by All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi to provide admission to eligible applicants in PG curses. The applicants will get admission in PG courses (such as MD, MS, MDS, DM, M.Ch etc.) at different affiliated colleges of AIIMS on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. AIIMS PG 2019 held twice in a year for 2 sessions (For January & July sessions). The interested applicants can follow this article to know the important details of AIIMS PG 2019.
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form
The applicants can apply for AIIMS PG 2019 through online mode from the official website of AIIMS. The applicants need to apply on or before the closing date of application process. All the details have to be filled genuinely by the applicants. They can also select the examination city of their choice. The applicants are advised to proofread the duly filled application form before submission because once submitted, any kind of changes will not be allowed. Hence, be careful while filling up the application form.
The payment of application fee is the final step of application process. Without paying the application fee, application process will not be completed. The mode of payment and the application fee for different categories is as follows-
- The application fee for General/OBC categories is Rs. 1000/-.
- The application fee for reserved categories is Rs. 800/-.
- The application fee can be paid either through debit/credit card or net banking.
- The OPH applicants are exempted from the payments of application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS PG 2019
The applicants should check the eligibility criteria before applying for any examination to make sure whether they are eligible to apply for or not. The same should be followed here as well. Go through the eligibility criteria before you start up with application process. The eligibilities are as follows-
- The applicants must be an Indian national.
- The applicants must have a degree of MBBS for MD/MS courses and BDS degree for MDS course recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India)/DCI (Dental Council f India) scoring minimum 55% marks (for reserved categories 50% marks).
- The applicants must have completed compulsory rotator internship of 12 months which should be completed on or before 31st January 2019 to get admission in January session. Whereas for July session, the internship should be completed on or before 30thJuly 2019.
AIIMS PG 2019- Important Dates
The important events and the important dates of AIIMS PG 2019 have been listed below. These are the tentative dates that can be changed by the examination authority as and when is required. The list of important events & dates are as follows-
Important dates for January Session
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online application process||September 2018|
|Closing of online application process||September 2018|
|Availability of admit cards||October 2018|
|Examination date||November 2018|
|Declaration of examination result||November 2018|
|Date for 1st counseling||December 2018|
|Date for 2nd counseling||December 2018|
|Date for Open counseling||February 2019|
Important Dates for July Session
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online application process||March 2018|
|Closing of online application process||March 2018|
|Availability of admit cards||April 2018|
|Examination date||May 2018|
|Declaration of examination result||May 2018|
|Date for 1st counseling||June 2018|
|Date for 2nd counseling||June 2018|
|Date for Open counseling||August 2019|
AIIMS PG 2019- Examination Pattern
Th examination pattern helps you to understand the pattern of the question paper so that you can plan your study accordingly. The examination pattern for AIIMS PG 2019 is as follows-
- The examination will be held through online mode.
- There will be total 200 questions of MCQ type for MD & MS courses. Whereas for MDS, there will be total 90 questions of MCQ type.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours for MD & MS. Whereas for MDS, the duration will be 1 hour & 30 minutes.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1/3rd mark for each incorrect answer.
AIIMS PG 2019- Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of AIIMS. The admit card will be available from the month of October 2018 for January 2019 session and for July 2019 session the admit cards will be available from April 2019.
The answer key for AIIMS PG 2019 will be uploaded after few days of the examination being held. The applicants can download the answer key from the official website of AIIMS to compare their answers.
Declaration of Result
The examination result for AIIMS PG 2019 will be published in the official website of AIIMS. The result will be declared in the month of November 2018 for January 2019 session and for July 2019 session the result will be declared in the month of May 2019.
The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks that have to be scored by the applicants to through with the examination. The cut off marks will be decided by the examination authority. It may vary from year to year as per the requirements.
AIIMS PG 2019- Counseling
The shortlisted applicants will be called for counseling process. The applicants need to bring one photocopy of their registration slip along with other original documents at the time of counseling. There will be 3 rounds of counseling (1st, 2nd and 3rd or open round). The 3rdround of counseling known as open counseling will be held to fill the vacant seats after first 2 rounds of counseling being held.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.